Thursday, October 30, 2014

#24 spin around reunion tower

happy 62nd birthday to me!
#24 took place on my birthday eve. two of my most favorite people kidnapped me and took me to five sixty, the restaurant at reunion tower. they gave me all of 3 minutes to get ready for a place they wouldn't tell me, blind folded me (as i was walking in 5 inch heels) and whisked me away.

as i walked up a set stairs and into an elevator with my eyes tightly shut, i began to think about how thankful i am for everything. for such an amazing year and such amazing friends to spend it with.


after a few moments in what i knew was an elevator, we  walked into a room and i was allowed to see where my kidnappers had taken me. 560. we sat down at our table and shortly after, pre-ordered desserts and champagne were brought to our table. the waiter cheerily handed me a scrumptious looking chocolate lava cake that read "happy birthday" and another chocolate cake with numbered candles that read "62". that's right, the girl that had a quarter life crisis and started a blog to keep her youth was being reminded that 25 is long gone now and 62 is kicking in immediately. if only he knew.


i chuckled and commented on the 62 and as the waiter's face started beating bright red with embarrassment, i laughed it off and asked him to keep the cake as is. after all, it was a good laugh. and the damage was done...


as we chowed down on some amazing birthday cake and sipped on celebratory champagne, i all of a sudden realized we were moving. if the scenery outside hadn't changed, i would have never known i was going in circles in the dallas ball! how do they make that happen? i guess 560 isn't the place to go if you get motion sickness.


kristen, annmarie and i talked for hours. in fact we talked and caught up with one another for so long that we shut the place down. or.. they were going to shut it down with us inside. we slowly realized that we were the only ones left in the restaurant, the once dimmed lights were now on brightly and the skyline view was covered by shades. that was our cue to go. that and the group of waiters staring at us waiting for us to get up from our table.


so we went. while we searched for the missing valet-- it was so late they had already gone home-- we ran into a group of venezuelan gentleman, we started chatting and after they learned it was my birthday, they broke out in song and serenaded me with the ever-so-popular happy birthday song. it was the cherry on top of my night.


before dropping me off back home to soak up zzz's we drove around and enjoyed each others company for a little while longer. every moment of the night had me feeling so blessed and so grateful. thank you thank you thank you to kristen and annmarie for such a memorable night.




62...


i changed it..


my favorites



such an amazing dallas view




through thick and thin




whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.

philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment