Thursday, September 4, 2014

#14 jump out of a plane


#14 was jumping out of a plane and learning how to fly. apparently most people plan ahead to skydive. that's not how this happened. it was more along the lines of, 

me:      "hey want to 

         skydive this 
         weekend?" 
david:   "ya, i'm in"
me:      "cool"

and that was that. we found a place nearby in lexington, tx, called to see if they had an opening and hopped in the car. i was on cruise control and for whatever reason i thought jumping out of a plane was no big deal. people do it all the time, right? we convinced a third jumper to join and the car ride there was interesting to say the least. 


jason:   "want to look up youtube videos of skydiving fails?"

me:      "no, not at all"
david:   "you should probably tell your parents you're skydiving. 
          it's a big deal, but it's cute that you think it isn't"

the nerves settled in nicely thanks to my enjoyable drive to lexington. they only got worse once we got there and i was told the boys took a vote and i'm jumping first. (ladies first... great).


at this point, my heart was racing at 100mph. our awesome instructor, also named david, took us all outside for a brief (brief is an understatement) instructional course. here's my recap if you want to skydive: jump, do the bernie, enjoy the fall. now you are ready to skydive.


words can't do this experience any justice. so i will let my video and pictures tell the story. skydiving has definitely climbed its way to the top of my favorite 25 in 25's. such a cool experience.

my jumping giants
skydiving in sequins, because i can
this was the moment it really sunk in
our instructor was messing with my nerves 
nervous giggles were in full force



a little film action


last words: go frogs!






they said to put the goggles on tightly, so i did...... 
(i adjusted them shortly after)


"never look down" doesn't apply when jumping out of a plane
saying my prayers
realizing there is no turning back and jumping out!
my glamour shot 
taking in the beauty


flying through the sky


just an incredible experience 


more flying


watching a bird fly by
saying hey to said birdie


pretending i'm superman
this is what windblown skin looks like, very attractive...


pony tail wack


giving a verbal thank-you to my parachute
stoked to have survived
taking it all in


"this is so cool"
not an everyday view


just hanging out

the staff at texas skydiving center were just incredible. i can't thank them enough for this amazing experience.

for your viewing pleasure:

click the link ---> skydive video

or watch below,



for more information on the texas skydiving center click here:
texasskydiving

in remembrance of robin williams:

no matter what people tell you, words and ideas and change the world.



robin williams

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I am so jealous. I could NEVER do this. You have inspired me to do 30 in 30 for my 30th birthday next year. Love you and glad you made it safe to the ground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can absolutely do it! it was incredible. 30 in 30, i love it! can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!!! <3

      Delete